Collection of your personal information
We only collect your personal information where that personal information is necessary for one or more of our functions or activities. Depending on your relationship with us, this information may include, but is not limited to your:
- full name;
- residential/accommodation/shipping/delivery address;
- telephone number including VOIP details where contact is made via a VOIP service (for example, Skype or Viber); email address;
- age or birth date; ski ability;
- shoe size;
- credit card details;
- where you have provided us with any services for which payment is to be made, your ABN, business name and address, and bank account details;
- employment history and other information you may provide when you apply for a job with us, or when you send us your résumé;
- and/or billing address.
Where you provide credit card information it will be stored by Inski and provided to our payment provider to process your purchase and payment.
When collecting this personal information, we will do so only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. Where it is reasonable and practicable to do so, we will only collect personal information about you from you directly and not from third parties. However, in some instances, this will not be practicable. If we collect personal information about you from a third party then we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you receive the information that we are obliged to make you aware of. This may involve us contacting you directly, or a third party discharging our obligations on our behalf.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
Inski collects, uses and discloses your personal information for a range of purposes. These purposes depend largely upon your relationship with us. We will use personal information for the primary purpose for which it was collected. The primary purpose of collection is the main reason we collect your personal information in the first instance. For a supplier, the primary purpose may be to maintain a business relationship with you, for a job applicant it may be to conduct recruitment, for a customer, it may be to organise, facilitate and fulfil your order for a product(s) and/or to keep you informed of our marketing activities. We will only use personal information beyond the primary purpose where it is related to that purpose or where you consent to the further use. Generally speaking, Inski uses and discloses personal information for purposes such as:
- to facilitate, maintain and continue a business relationship with suppliers or distributors;
- for future promotional and marketing purposes including direct marketing purposes;
- to facilitate and fulfill orders for product(s) and to notify customers or others of products and services of Inski. For the avoidance of doubt, any person that places an order or submits their details on the Inski website consents to their information being used by Inski to facilitate and fulfill their order and to, for an indefinite period unless otherwise advised by the person, send them both current and future marketing and promotional material and/or consumer offers;
- to process store sales and to contact customers if required;
- to send Inski newsletters (to persons that have signed up to receive the Inski newsletter);
- in the case of height, weight, age, skier ability and boot size information, for the purposes of ski binding set ups; to provide you with insurance for goods hired from Inski;
- to deal with any enquiries or complaints of customers or suppliers;
- for market research on products customers may be interested in;
- to improve the quality and level of the products and services we offer to you; and for statistical purposes.
The types of persons and organisations to which we may disclose your personal information include the following:
- our related entities, as that term is defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth);
- organisations with whom we have arrangements or agreements for the purpose of promoting our products or services and any agents used by us in administering such arrangements or agreements;
- our agents, contractors and external advisers who carry on our functions and activities or who assist us to carry on our functions and activities from time to time;
- organisations who are contracted by us to perform certain services, including to maintain the website and the personal information collected, provide cloud storage and management services for personal information, deliver products ordered on the website, handle complaint and queries or facilitate any other service offered on the website;
- our legal advisors, when needed; and
- other parties to whom we are authorised or required by law to disclose information.
Inski does not share your personal information with any other company for that company’s direct marketing services. For clarity, we may share your personal information to our service providers who may use the personal information for direct marketing services on Inski’s behalf, however, we will not share your personal information with other companies for the purpose of those companies marketing their own products to you unless we specifically ask for and receive your permission to do so.
Security and quality of your personal information
Inski will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect, store, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date.
Requests for access to and correction of your personal information
You may request details of the personal information we hold about you, by writing to or contacting us on the details provided below.
In general, we will allow access to the personal information we hold about you, however, we may deny access to you to the extent it would not be permitted under Australian privacy laws e.g. if it would pose a serious threat to the life or health of any individual. Should we deny you access to any personal information following an access request we will provide you with a reason for the denial.
If you are aware that any of your personal information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date following an access request, or because your circumstances have changed, please inform us so that we can update our records. We will correct any incorrect personal information and will not refuse to make a correction without providing you with a reason for the refusal. However, if we do refuse to make a correction, we will take reasonable steps to place with the disputed information a statement from you claiming that the disputed information in your opinion is not accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Inski keeps track of the domains which people visit on this website through the use of “cookies”. This data is analyzed for trends and statistics. "Cookies" are a standard for storing small pieces of data on a web client (i.e. the web browser on your computer). Any web server (including this one) may: store one or more cookies in your browser; or request your browser to transmit the data to the web server This website may store cookies on your web client in order to better serve you upon your subsequent visits to this website. By using cookies, websites can track information about visitors' usage of the site, provide customised content, or even the use of password protection. Note that some browsers can be configured to allow cookies to be accessed by servers other than the originating server. Please note that most web browsers can also be configured to notify the user when a cookie is received, allowing you to either accept or reject it.
If you wish to use an online payment facility, you will need to accept cookies. If you have configured your browser to reject all cookies, you will be able to view information-only pages on the website.
Links to Other Sites
Please keep in mind that whenever you give out personal information online, for example, via message boards or chat, that information can be collected and used by people you do not know. While Inski strives to protect your personal information and privacy on our website, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online and you do so at your own risk.
Inquiries and Complaints
If you wish to access or if you have any concerns or inquiries about how we deal with your personal information, you should contact our Privacy Officer, Paul Ford, at 352 Kent St Sydney NSW 2000, via email at email@example.com or telephone +61 (02) 9233 3200.